- June 1998 -Present Professor (Chairperson till March 2002), Center for Theoretical Studies(Centre for High Energy Physics), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- November 1995 – June 1998 Associate Professor (Chairperson since Aug. 1996), Center for Theoretical Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- 1987 – November 1995, Reader, Department of Physics, University of Bombay.
- November 1982 – December 1987 Lecturer, Department of Physics, University of Bombay.
- 1982 – November 1982, CSIR Research Associate, Institute of Science, Bombay.
- 1979 – August 1982, Visiting Fellow, Tata Institute Of Fundamental Research, Bombay.
- Staff Associate, International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy (2013-2016).
- Feb 2011 – August 2011, Visiting Professor, Univ. of Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- June 2010 – Feb 2011, Scienti_c Associate, CERN Theory Division, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Adjunct faculty of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai: Department of
- Theoretical Physics and International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, 2005-2010.
- A number of visiting positions of duration between one and three months at various times at: CERN (Geneva), DESY(Hamburg), Madison(Wisconsin), ICTP (Trieste), LNF-INFN(Frascati), Hawaii(USA), LAPTH, Annecy, France, LPT, Orsay, France.
- June 1986 – June 1988, Department of Physics, University of Dortmund, Dortmund, W.Germany.
- May 2002 – Nov. 2002, Scienti_c Associate, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland,
- 2002 – May 2003, DESY, Hamburg, Germany.
At University of Mumbai:
- Mathematical Physics (core course), at Masters Level, _ve times
- Relativistic Quantum Mechanics (elective), at Masters Level, four times.
- Statistical Mechanics, at Masters level (core course), three times.
- Advanced Nuclear Physics, at Masters level (elective), three times.
At Indian Institute of Science:
- Nuclei and Particles, Core course for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Physical Sciences, at the Indian Institute of Science’, four years.
- Quantum Mechanics: III, Core course for Ph.D. students at the Centre for High Energy Physics, Indian Institute of Science, three years.
- Gauge Field Theory, Core course for Ph.D. students at the Centre for High Energy Physics, Indian Institute of Science, three years.
- Standard Model of Particle Physics, Elective for Ph.D. students at the Centre for High Energy Physics, Indian Institute of Science, _ve times.
- Quantum Mechanics -II, Core Course for Integrated Ph.D. students in Physical Sciences and the Undergraduate Students, at the Indian Institute of Science, Four years.
At the University of Utrecht:
- Supersymmetry: basic formalism and collider phenomenology, Six month course taught at University of Utrecht, The Netherlands.
At short duration schools:
- Taught four di_erent courses of 12 lectures each on di_erent aspects of the Standard Model and Collider Physics in the Main School in Theoretical High Energy Physics in India held for graduate students in High Energy Physics, in the past 25 years (1984,1996, 2002,2013). Taught two courses on ‘Introduction to Particle Physics’ in the preparatory school in the same series of schools (1998, 2000) and also in a similar school for Exper- imental Particle Physics students. Taught two six hour lecture courses to in the SERC schools for Nuclear Physics in India.
- Delivered a set of four lectures on Topics in Electroweak Symmetry breaking and QCD, in a summer school held by the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 2004.
- Delivered a set of two lectures on ‘Supersymmetry at Colliders’ in ‘From Strings to LHCII’, Goa, India, 2007.
- Delivered a set of three lectures on Supersymmetry in Algerian Summer School in Oran, Algeria, 2009.
- Delivered a set of three lectures on Supersymmetry in Corfu Summer School, 2010.
- Delivered twice a six lecture course twice for CERN summer students on ‘Introduction to Standard Model’ (2011, 2012).
- Delivered a set of nine lectures on ‘Beyond Standard Model through the window of Electroweak Symmetry breaking’, in Vietnam School on Physics, Quy Nhon, Vietnam, 2012.
- Delivered a set of four lectures on Higgs Physics at the Pre SUSY school before SUSY 2013, held at Trieste, Italy.
- Delivered a set of four lectures on Supersymmetry Phenomenology at the Pre SUSY school before SUSY 2014 held in Manchester, U.K.
- Delivered a set of four lectures on the Standard Model at the Asia Europe Paci_c School on High Energy Physics (AEPSHEP2014) held at Puri in November 2014.
- Invited to talk at the triennial ICFA (International Committee for future Accelerators) seminar held in Beijing in October 2014 on the Standard Model (theory).
She is a sought after lecturer to talk about particle physics at all levels: at a popular level to general public, at a simple level for students and at a higher technical level for scientists who are not particle physicists or perhaps not even physicists and of course at technical level to particle physicists themselves. Just to give an idea, in the two years since 2012 July, after the announcement of the new boson at the LHC, she gave 24 popular talks and nine colloquia on the topic of the Higgs and LHC physics, to be added to it are 27 Technical invited talks on the subject of the Higgs boson, the Top quark and BSM Physics at the LHC!!